Hospice House Clinical Support
|Benefits:||See Benefits link above|
This position requires a Certified Nursing Assistant certification in South Carolina. The Hospice House Clinical Support Staff has overall knowledge of the workings of the hospice house, assists the clinical staff with daily operations and has an ability to fulfill the clerical, computer and patient care needs. The individual must possess a keen ability to be organized, methodical in assigned task area, able to prioritize tasks, and work independently. This individual, under indirect supervision, performs a variety of administrative and/or clerical and patient care functions, with most phases of activities related to daily operation.
- Greets and assists visitors, answers phones, and develops rapport with the community and donors.
- Assists other staff in coordinating patient, family and guest needs and accommodations.
- Provides administrative, clerical and patient support to the clinical staff.
- Assists in the coordination of day-to-day operations, including general office repairs, maintaining facility office appearance, assisting with deliveries and patient care as needed.
- Assists in preparation and maintenance of medical records, including accurate and timely filing of information, chart set up/breakdown. Medical records are to be current and in accordance with standards.
- Assists with patient admissions including keeping a current supply of admission books and welcome packets available, assists with orientation to SPHH with families.
- Keeps the care team station well organized and professional in appearance.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Assists in the coordination of work for volunteers.
- Assists in preparation and distribution of materials and reports as requested.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and working relationship with staff members and others.
- Carries out position responsibilities in a manner that exemplifies excellent customer service.
- Consistently represents Hospice of the Carolina Foothills to all internal and external customers with integrity and professionalism.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures and regulations regarding patient care, conduct, safety, fire, security, risk management and confidentiality, including universal precaution guidelines.
- Carries out all other duties as necessary.
- Certification in South Carolina as a Nursing Assistant required.
- Minimum of two years experience functioning in an office environment to include customer service, secretarial/clerical work, preferably in a health related field.
- Must have a minimum of a high school (or general equivalency) diploma, preferably a two year associate degree in secretarial or health related field.Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, logic and reasoning skills.
- Excellent computer and telephone skills and familiar with basic office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Some leadership ability required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Rotating weekend hours required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional conduct at all times.
- Understanding of hospice philosophy.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility and cross-training essential.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.